www.Scottish 4x4 forum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Painting my truck...

3 posters

Go down

Painting my truck... Empty Painting my truck...

Post  6cyltdi Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:40 am

[b]Right guys I have been looking into some paints. I really need to de-militarise the Zil, colour wise anyway for traveling, intended colour scheme is my good old favourite black and red. I will be removing the radio box for painting and have a huge surface area to cover. I need something not to shiney and that can be easily touched up when I bash/scratch it etc

Something I can apply one coat of and its done 2 if I had too, I don't need a perfect finish but something pretty good, when applied with foam rollers/pads/brushes.

After a good look around I came across these guys http://www.plastidip.co.uk/index2.cfm and like the idea of their HCF (hard coat finish paint) @ £250 for a 25 litre tin.

Does anybody have any experience with this paint or have any other recomendations............?????
6cyltdi
6cyltdi

http://awdsolutions.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Painting my truck... Empty Re: Painting my truck...

Post  jonmcghee Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:52 pm

massy gray out of HIS inverness £19 ltr or there abouts and gloss roller from b&q sorted lol! good rub down two/three coats and easy to touch up.
jonmcghee
jonmcghee

Back to top Go down

Post  herman 6 Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:07 pm

hi there i used B&Q gloss on a wagon body put it on with a radiator roller got a really good job did 2 coats
think its only £8 litre and we re do it about once a year
good luck, Herman

herman 6

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down