www.Scottish 4x4 forum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

arb air locking diff

2 posters

Go down

arb air locking diff Empty arb air locking diff

Post  herman 6 Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:00 am

hi anyone had anything to do with ARB air locking diffs ive been offerd a brand new one still in its box with a brand new compressor for £500 its for the back of my disco
are they any good and are they easy enough to fit
cheers herman

herman 6

Back to top Go down

arb air locking diff Empty arb air locking diff

Post  gti-90 Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:26 am

hi,
they are good yes, very good.
i believe they are not difficult but not easy either to fit, you have to set up the back lash in the diff when you install it, you also have to drill and tap the diff casing for the air line, route the airline inside the diff so it will not snag the crown wheel, everything else is easyer with fitting the switch and compressor,
heres a link if it works, go to the RD56 installation half way down the page. i dont have a ARB, but will happily buy this one off you for £100 if you cannot get it to work Wink Very Happy
http://www.devon4x4.com/instructions-how-to/view-category.html
gti-90
gti-90

Back to top Go down

arb air locking diff Empty Re: arb air locking diff

Post  herman 6 Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:43 am

gti-90 wrote:hi,
they are good yes, very good.
i believe they are not difficult but not easy either to fit, you have to set up the back lash in the diff when you install it, you also have to drill and tap the diff casing for the air line, route the airline inside the diff so it will not snag the crown wheel, everything else is easyer with fitting the switch and compressor,
heres a link if it works, go to the RD56 installation half way down the page. i dont have a ARB, but will happily buy this one off you for £100 if you cannot get it to work Wink Very Happy
http://www.devon4x4.com/instructions-how-to/view-category.html
Thanks for that will buy it then but will be looking to pay some one to fit it for me,
any ideas who might be up for it dont mind a drive up there will be nice to meet some of the members cheers herm

herman 6

Back to top Go down

arb air locking diff Empty ARB AIR LOCKING DIFF

Post  gti-90 Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:54 am

there might be a couple of members who would fit it for you, hugh at portal rover, he is admin on here.
gti-90
gti-90

Back to top Go down

arb air locking diff Empty Re: arb air locking diff

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down