www.Scottish 4x4 forum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Raised air intake

4 posters

Go down

Raised air intake Empty Raised air intake

Post  jonmcghee Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:33 pm

In need of surgestions for my raised air intake, the problem i have is the air filter is placed at the frount passenger corner, with the heater blower mounted st the back of the passenger wing, with the air entry point on top of the wing.

now do I just run it on top of the wing right along till the start of the bulk head and up

or do i run it across the engine to the other side and up (not sure about crossing engine with it thou)

any ideas/suggestions

[img]Raised air intake 001-1[/img]
jonmcghee
jonmcghee

Back to top Go down

Raised air intake Empty Re: Raised air intake

Post  DICKY Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:21 pm

first of all what are you using for your air intake, factory made or home built.
factory safari snorkel type run in side the wing but the hole is in the side of the wing and not on the top so you can do the same. i have some photos if you want to no where to cut the wing
DICKY
DICKY

Back to top Go down

Post  Roz Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:33 pm

it's unfortunate that you don't have the 200tdi passenger wing, as that would have the vent hole in the side for fitting a snorkel, and all other pipework could run neatly inside.
Roz
Roz

http://www.shootingcommunity.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  gti-90 Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:36 am

would i be correct in saying?? that running a pipe close to the engine would get hot and therefore the air inside, colder air means more molecules and all that? so less performance? colder the air the better in my theory, and the shorter the pipe with as little bends as possible. cheers lol!
gti-90
gti-90

Back to top Go down

Post  jonmcghee Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:45 am

gti-90 wrote:would i be correct in saying?? that running a pipe close to the engine would get hot and therefore the air inside, colder air means more molecules and all that? so less performance? colder the air the better in my theory, and the shorter the pipe with as little bends as possible. cheers lol!

this is true
but as mine will probably be made out of b&q`s finist, i dont want the bugger melting lol!
jonmcghee
jonmcghee

Back to top Go down

Post  gti-90 Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:32 pm

haha fair enough.

dont know if its any good, as you say b n q is good and cheap, http://www.southdown4x4.co.uk/Clearance.htm
HTH cheers.
gti-90
gti-90

Back to top Go down

Post  jonmcghee Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:46 pm

Just seen a pic in the latest LRO and they have a 110 with air intake running allong the wing and then up. Think this will be the best option so i thenk i will have a go. scratch
jonmcghee
jonmcghee

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum