www.Scottish 4x4 forum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Offroad Driving North East Scotland

Go down

Offroad Driving North East Scotland Empty Offroad Driving North East Scotland

Post  Guest Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:51 pm

Hey guys, gals

Been trawling the net looking for mention of places where I can go offroading. Not pay and play, just getting out there and driving. Nothing found, so does anybody here know of any unofficial areas where I can take the Jeep? Forests, passes, etc. Old historic routes that are still open to 4x4 vehicles and not only bicycles and walkers? Seem to find it extremely odd that we 4x4'ers are totally disregarded by the council when it comes to routes we can use.

Back to top Go down

Offroad Driving North East Scotland Empty Re: Offroad Driving North East Scotland

Post  Roz Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:42 pm

Unfortunatley I don't think there are any.
Scottish law is different to the English one, and there are no actual "green lanes" that you can legally drive in Scotland without gaining the legal owners permission.
There are actually doubts around the Corrieyairack pass being a legal motorised vehicle route at the moment too.

Sorry, I know it's not what you're hoping to find!
Roz
Roz

http://www.shootingcommunity.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Offroad Driving North East Scotland Empty Re: Offroad Driving North East Scotland

Post  Guest Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:52 pm

Nothing up in the montains? Cairngorms? Sad

Back to top Go down

Post  Roz Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:55 pm

Not that I know of mate, unless you can get permission from the landowners.
Steve and Clunyknox have been working hard on securing a place for members to regularly meet and play though, so it's not all bad news!
Roz
Roz

http://www.shootingcommunity.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down