www.Scottish 4x4 forum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

should i sell my disco and start building

+2
tat2_al
DICKY
6 posters

Go down

should i sell my disco and start building Empty should i sell my disco and start building

Post  DICKY Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:36 pm

i am bored with my disco now that i have finished building it.only had it off road twice and both times it was amazing went every were i wanted to go,but now i am board.i dont have any thing to do to it, so not much to do at weekends any more.the wife said to paint the hall and tidy out my shed but fu'# that.i need to get back up to the garage and get building again.From the day i got my disco i set out what i wanted it to do and set about building .
200tdi 3 door,60 thow on the clock chassis never been welded,full box section sills seam welded and caped,full 4'' lift all round police speck rear coil springs with +4'' decarbon shocks,front has defender heavy duty rear coils with gas +4 shocks.full set sumo bars including drop arm for steering box,front QT radius arms to suit lift with poly bushes,heavy duty steering guard,cranked trailing arms with poly bushes,pod roof lights.heavy duty steel bumpers custom made front fitted with husky worm drive super winch.{very powerful} rear is hand built from a defender front cut plated and bent round rear.all new brakes front callipers, discs ,pads rear new discs,pads all new brake pipes fully under sealed.fitted with new black modular steel wheels {5} 8x16.tyres insa turbo special track 265/80/16 {5} only done 200 miles.wheel arches cut back and sealed to the inner arches. nato green mot'ed 11 month tax 5 month.so if i do sell it what do i build next i cant do a ninty as i dont fit in one with the door closed.the choice is limited to whats available and thats not much just now as there is not much for sale
unless i get my plasma cutter out and chop my disco up and make a tray back out of it.
so should i build a new one and if so what
DICKY
DICKY

Back to top Go down

should i sell my disco and start building Empty Re: should i sell my disco and start building

Post  tat2_al Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:02 pm

Buld a mad max style buggy!!
tat2_al
tat2_al

http://www.highland4x4response.co.uk

Back to top Go down

should i sell my disco and start building Empty Re: should i sell my disco and start building

Post  Steve Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:24 pm

You could go down the line of putting mog axles on her ?
Steve
Steve
Admin

http://www.scottish4x4forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  DICKY Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:03 pm

i did look at a set of axles but decided not to bother.
i have been toying with tray backing it and a rear winch, but its how to do something different.
you've seen one try back you've seen them all.
I want something that when you see it it says , i haven't seen it done like that before.or that has to be DICKYS Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
i have been looking in to 4 wheel steering but only looking as it to much money Mad
DICKY
DICKY

Back to top Go down

Post  CLUNYKNOX Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:54 pm

Hi can you not put a front axle on the back and link both with hydraulic rams so they both turn at same time lol!
CLUNYKNOX
CLUNYKNOX

Back to top Go down

Post  gti-90 Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:50 pm

all the above sound good, mog axles are great and i think even a member on here did have simca portals for sale at one point.
what about a td5 disco chassis, with a freelander body cut back into a trayback style? i have never seen a freelander trayback, if i remember dicky you had some spare body shells just lying? tuned td5s are amazingly powerfull. just my thoughts lol!
gti-90
gti-90

Back to top Go down

Post  6cyltdi Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:13 pm

Put ur disco body on to the chassis back to front and set it up like a forward control with footwells and steering wheel etc in the boot, would be brilliant seeing peoples faces as you overtake them 'backwards'......
6cyltdi
6cyltdi

http://awdsolutions.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down