www.Scottish 4x4 forum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

new to the forum.

5 posters

Go down

new to the forum. Empty new to the forum.

Post  rotten-old-suzuki Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:34 pm

just thought id post to say hi, im new to the forum. without wanting to sound like im doing a class talk. im from inverness and im looking to get into 4x4 driving, its always apealed to me, the ironic thing is i got my first 4x4 a 3door import hilux surf, but ended up selling it as my missus was pregnant and couldnt get in [ courtesy of the lift kit], now 4 years down the line my son is actualy the reason im buying another!! he love anything with wheels [dont know where he gets it from].
i bought a pretty rusty vitara [ arent they all??] people from inverness will have seen it its red with a arb bumper, snorkel and a calmini lift, r plater. the guy i bought it froms brother is very into his 4x4s and i belive is or was a member of h4wdc.
anyway so far ive cut most of the rot from it ready for welding bought some spots and am planning a winch and a coat of satin NATO green a'la paint roller style.
im leaving the carpets out and im doing my best to seal her up for some wading fun.
so you should notice it knocking around by the end of the month.
i see alot of nice 4x4s round our area it was cool to come on here and spot them again, so in the past when youve driven past an AA man in his van drooling at your landy that was probably me.
ill stick some pics up of the vits rebuild if anything its good for a laugh for you landy owners.
cheers Laughing

rotten-old-suzuki

Back to top Go down

new to the forum. Empty Re: new to the forum.

Post  jonmcghee Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:00 pm

hello and welcome to the forum Cool

jonmcghee
jonmcghee

Back to top Go down

Post  Marty85 Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:26 pm

Welcome, I know what you mean about the vitaras being rusty. I caught a couple off tree stumps yesterday and mine is now half a sill lighter on each side lol!
Marty85
Marty85

Back to top Go down

Post  gti-90 Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:17 am

hello and welcome, be good to see some pics. Very Happy
gti-90
gti-90

Back to top Go down

Post  rotten-old-suzuki Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:39 am

cheers, yeah its definetly seen better days. its not so much that thats bothering me, its that the metal is so thin and shitey that these are made of, im having a great time trying to snotter patches on to it with burning holes in it.
changed the t-belt and tensioner lastnight hope to have the welding done and serviced by next week. then ill get it ready for painting. how do i load up pics?

rotten-old-suzuki

Back to top Go down

Post  drinksoptional Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:05 am

Hi sorry i have been offline for while

drinksoptional

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down