www.Scottish 4x4 forum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bathgate Driving weekend SLROC

4 posters

Go down

Bathgate Driving weekend SLROC Empty Bathgate Driving weekend SLROC

Post  Roz Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:04 am

I know this is a bit late, but I've only just found out about it and if it's an annual thing this will be a good point of referance!

Bathgate Driving Weekend 3rd - 5th April 2009

Two lots of Competition and a Driving Day all crammed into one great weekend at Ballancrieff Farm near Bathgate, by kind permission of Mr. & Mrs. Jack Reid. This popular site has a huge variety of terrain to suit all types of vehicle so whether it’s a Freelander , Discovery, Range Rover or a battered old 90, there will be something here for you and all the family.

There will be a 5 mile drive round circuit, including a new section through the woods, loads of trials sections to practice your RTV or TYRO skills and Land Rover dealers, Morrisons of Stirling, will be on site with all the latest models and a shop full of goodies!

Bring your tent or caravan and enjoy the full weekend with all this fantastic off roading on your door step. Camping area is available from Friday to Sunday and toilets will be on site all weekend.

All this action does take a lot of work to put it together, so if you can lend a hand to set this event up on Friday 3rd April please call Alan Agnew on 0141-881 8993 or send a Personal Message (PM) to Alan Agnew. Remember, any help counts towards earning your Championship points eligibility.

The programme for the weekend comprises;

FRIDAY 3rd APRIL

• Starting at 10.00am, Several hundred orange arrows, stakes and canes need to go in the ground, signs, car park, camping area, marquees, equipment trailer all have to be in place to make the event happen! Can you help? A bit of hammering, some stapling and lots of free off-road miles!

SATURDAY 4TH APRIL

• Take part in the friendly competition of an RTV Trial or CCV Trial
• Safety scrutineering and signing on 08:30 – 09:30. Both events start at 10:00
• Cost £15.00 per driver.
• Spectators are welcome to come and watch the action.
• Experienced drivers available to accompany or advise any first time or novice entrants.
• For all the campers, have a beer or two in the Marquee in the evening and there will be lots of birthday cake available!

SUNDAY 5TH APRIL

• Open Driving Day with a 5 mile circuit suitable for all Land Rover vehicles from shiny Freelanders and Range Rovers to Series I’s. Site open from 10:00 – 16:30, cost £20.00
• Extra RTV and TYRO Trials sections for some practice!
• Visit the club shop in the Marquee for all the latest SLROC merchandise.
• See some of the latest Land Rover models on display and Morrison Land Rover will have their shop on site too.
• Hot food and drinks available at the Ballencreiff Fishery just next door!
• Junior driver’s area, let your kids terrify you!
• This is an open event so bring all the family and anyone you know with a Land Rover!

DIRECTIONS
From Bathgate town centre follow the B792 Torphichen Road, just outside the town turn right following signs for Cairnpapple and the orange arrows to the site entrance. (OS Sheet 65/349 Grid Ref NT 991 714).

If anyone has attended this please put some pictures up and tell us how it was!
Roz
Roz

http://www.shootingcommunity.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Bathgate Driving weekend SLROC Empty Re: Bathgate Driving weekend SLROC

Post  AuldNick Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:46 pm

Unfortunatly missed the compo's yesterday but hey ho it was raining anyway.

Got there today, not in my Disco 'cos my mate decided to take his ultra-bling TD5 Disco off road for the forst time and he asked yours truly to ride shotgun and offer my "expert" help and advise. £20 got us onto and into the cuds as extreme or kindergarden with everything in between, it was a 5 mile circuit but you could be out all day, some did get stuck by choice finding limits and there were plenty recovery LR's at every water hole and mud bath.

A great day out, hellova nice folk and even the weather was with us. Both Chic (my mate) and yours truly parted with some hard earned spondoolys and took out membership.

One gripe...NO FEKIN BEER/BURGER TENT for us non drivers Crying or Very sad

Anyhoo peeps, here's some piccie's (I hope) of the former mud virgin and a few others...

AuldNick

Back to top Go down

Post  Roz Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:15 am

Excellent Stuff! welcome to the forum and thanks for posting this!

I can't edit this section but I've hosted your pictures so they work!

Bathgate Driving weekend SLROC Imgp1310

Bathgate Driving weekend SLROC Imgp1411

Bathgate Driving weekend SLROC Imgp1410

Bathgate Driving weekend SLROC Imgp1413

Bathgate Driving weekend SLROC Imgp1412

Bathgate Driving weekend SLROC Imgp1414
Roz
Roz

http://www.shootingcommunity.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  AuldNick Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:53 am

Cheers for that Roz, mibbi one day I will work out how to post piccie's myself What a Face

AuldNick

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:33 pm

Nice piccys mate Laughing

Thanks for fixing roz was going to do tonight but you bet me to it lol!
Steve
Steve
Admin

http://www.scottish4x4forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  killer Thu May 07, 2009 11:10 pm

good pix mate , any other ones of the rest of the P&P ?
killer
killer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down