www.Scottish 4x4 forum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Disco 300TDI where/whats this?

2 posters

Go down

Disco 300TDI where/whats this? Empty Disco 300TDI where/whats this?

Post  wullie_r Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:11 am

Hey finally got my Disco yesterday and have been looking about it to see where stuff is. Its a 1996 N reg.

I dont have sunroofs or airbags so thats a few things less to worry about.

I tried to see if it has ABS but I cant find an ABS unit? All I have is a servo into master cylinder, that goes to a small tube like thing on the N/S inner wing, then seems to go to the calipers? (any car Ive had before usually has a large metal box with all the lines in it?) Anyone know where the ABS unit is, or is it pretty obvious?

I also have wires running to the Injection pump, read somewhere its best to avoid these? anyone know why?

There is also a few electric devices on the bulkhead and N/S inner wing and quiet a few connectors around the engine bay? Are any of these a problem (especially if fording) and any way to prevent/minimise water damage? ( I will be running wading gear and snorkel)

Unbelievably I have an immobiliser and remote central locking that works, but I doubt it will forever, is there any guides on how to bypass the immobiliser (for when I fit a replacement)?
wullie_r
wullie_r

Back to top Go down

Disco 300TDI where/whats this? Empty Re: Disco 300TDI where/whats this?

Post  CLUNYKNOX Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:20 am

Hi wullie_r the ABS is in top of the n/s inerwing between the air box and water bottle the imobilisers can be sorted most comon problem is a dry solder but can be bypassedif you got any problems just ask lol!
CLUNYKNOX
CLUNYKNOX

Back to top Go down

Post  wullie_r Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:57 am

CLUNYKNOX wrote:Hi wullie_r the ABS is in top of the n/s inerwing between the air box and water bottle the imobilisers can be sorted most comon problem is a dry solder but can be bypassedif you got any problems just ask lol!

Thanks mate, theres defo no ABS unit, so thats another thing less to worry about. Also found a guide of how to fit an old style injector pump if I really have to in the future, hopefully it will be ok though.
wullie_r
wullie_r

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down